What to Expect
What is the Sunday morning Schedule?
10:00 a.m. Sunday School Bible study for all ages
10:55 a.m. Worship Service
We are located on the corner of Oak and Wyly Streets in downtown Cornelia, Georgia in the foothills of the beautiful Northeast Georgia Mountains. (Click for Directions & Map)
Where do I park and enter?
First Baptist Cornelia is surrounded by parking spaces on the street with many doors to enter the building. Our parking lot is located behind the church.
- Disabled/Limited Mobility Parking: Located in the church parking lot at the rear of the church and on top of the hill at the very front of the sanctuary.
- Sunday Mornings: Guests coming to Sunday School are invited to park in our parking lot and enter the building through the door behind the playground.
- Children’s Ministry: Guests with preschool, elementary, middle or high school are invited to park use our Larkin Street entrance across the street from the Cornelia City Hall. Use Street Parking. You will find friendly greeters at our children’s ministry welcome desk.
- Weekdays: Park in the parking lot and enter through the playground entrance for all church offices and the FBC walking track.
- Wednesdays: Park in the parking lot. Follow the signs to the fellowship hall for our Fellowship Meal. Enter through the playground entrance for all adult, youth, and children ministries.
- Family Ministry Center (Banquet Room or Gym): Park in the parking lot or on the street between FBC and the Cornelia City Hall. Enter through the doors under the portico.
I want to connect to a small group.
Our Sundays we have many Sunday school groups that meet at 10:00. On Wednesdays, our adults gather for small group sharing at 6:00 pm. Visit our Bible Study page for more formation.
What time should I arrive for Worship?
When you visit us, we encourage you to arrive 10 minutes prior to the service to find a parking spot and find a seat before the service starts.
How long is the worship service?
On average, our worship service lasts about one hour.
What do I wear to worship?
You are welcome to worship at FBC just as you are. You will find folks dressed from blue jeans to business casual to suits. Ultimately, we believe it’s that the attitude of your heart that matters to God rather than your physical appearance.
What style of music is used?
Congregational hymn singing accompanied by piano and organ is at the core of our worship. We express our faith through both traditional and new hymns. Contemporary music is also used in congregational singing. Anthems from the Sanctuary Choir have a wide range of appeal.
Still have questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org