What to Expect
What is the Sunday morning Schedule?
9:45 a.m. Sunday School Bible study for all ages
10:55 a.m. Worship Service
We are located on the corner of Oak and Wyly Streets in downtown Cornelia, Georgia in the foothills of the beautiful Northeast Georgia Mountains. (Click for Directions & Map)
Where do I park and enter?
First Baptist Cornelia is surrounded by parking spaces on the street with many doors to enter the building. Our parking lot is located behind the church.
- Disabled/Limited Mobility Parking: Located in the church parking lot at the rear of the church and on top of the hill at the very front of the sanctuary.
- Sunday Mornings: Guests with small children or coming to Sunday School are invited to park in our parking lot and enter the building through the door behind the playground. Our preschool area is located in this hall and guests can enter the sanctuary easily.
- Weekdays: Park in the parking lot and enter through the playground entrance for all church offices and the FBC walking track.
- Wednesdays: Park in the parking lot. Follow the signs to the fellowship hall for our Fellowship Meal. Enter through the playground entrance for all adult, youth, and children ministries.
- Family Ministry Center (Banquet Room or Gym): Park in the parking lot or on the street between FBC and the Cornelia City Hall. Enter through the doors under the portico.
I want to connect to a small group.
We have several small groups that meet on Sundays and during the week. Visit our Bible Study page for more formation.
What time should I arrive for Worship?
When you visit us, we encourage you to arrive 10 minutes prior to the service to find a parking spot and find a seat before the service starts.
How long is the worship service?
On average, our worship service lasts about one hour.
What do I wear to worship?
You are welcome to worship at FBC just as you are. You will find folks dressed from blue jeans to business casual to suits. Ultimately, we believe it’s that the attitude of your heart that matters to God rather than your physical appearance.
What style of music is used?
You will experience a traditional atmosphere in worship where the proclamation of God’s Word mixes with the beauty of our sanctuary and the anthems of our choir to direct our attention to Jesus. At the same time, you will experience contemporary music and hymns; creative expressions of art, dance and liturgy; and friendly worshipping community.
Still have questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org